JETAA Minnesota (JETAAMN) will host the 2013 JETAA USA National Conference in Minneapolis, Thursday, 9/26 through Sunday, 9/29.
Conference venue: Crowne Plaza Northstar – Minneapolis, MN
Action items for Chapters:
1. Each chapter will be responsible for showing 2-3 pictures and talking about a unique, successful, extraordinarily fun, or a highly-attended/popular event their chapter has held. CR, Christina Omori, has graciously offered to accept your photos, so please email them to her at us2 dot jetaausa at gmail dot com no later than Friday, September 20th.
2. Omiyage and mug. As usual, please also bring to the conference omiyage to share with attendees (food item typically) that is representative of your state and allows you to show off your area! And, please bring a state mug (often found in the airports) as well. We’ll do a mug swap – obviously since each chapter will bring just one mug while there are two delegates for each chapter attending, you’ll have to janken with your partner delegate to decide who gets to take the mugs home!
Please contact us for any questions!
3. Hotel and Venue
4. Reception information
Every year, one of the JETAA USA chapters, along with their designated Japanese consulate, hosts delegates from the other chapters around the country for the JETAA USA National Conference. This year, that brave chapter is US-18: Minnesota!
We’ve scheduled the conference for Thursday, September 26th through Sunday, September 29th. Delegates and other attendees will arrive Thursday afternoon in Minneapolis, then spend the next two and a half days plotting the course of the JETAA USA organization and our interactions with both our local communities, and our friends back in Japan. With more than 60 people in attendance, this is a fairly heavy commitment, and we need volunteers to help us put on a great show, and showcase the Twin Cities to the rest of the JETAA community. If you’d like to help us with the event, please contact Liz.
Though our full schedule and session topics are still in flux, some of the things we hope to cover during the event are:
- Membership Management (logistics and technical aspects)
- How to Network With Your City and Promote Your Brand Image
- How to Better Integrate City and Rural JETAA Members
- Update on Efforts to Become a National Non-Profit Organization
- Using Your JET Experience to Find Success Back Home
We’re still putting together the agenda, and would love to hear any ideas for presentations anyone in the JETAA community would like to hear. If you’ve got a great idea, please let JETAAMN know!
All of us on the JETAA MN Board of Directors are excited to bring the rest of the JETAA USA community to the Twin Cities, and can’t wait to spend a few days doing our part to strengthen the bonds of friendship between the United States and Japan.
We’ll be posting more information here about the conference, so please continue to check back for the latest updates!
Pingback: JETAA USA Quarterly Report – Q1 for 2013-14 | JETwit.com