JETAA Heartland (US-08)
- JETAA Heartland President, Web Admin, 2015-Current
- JET Program, ALT, Osaka, ALT, 2012-2014
- JETAA USA National/Regional Conference, Presenter: 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- Board of Directors, Independence – Higashimurayama – 2019
JETAA USA Country Representative Platform
I was a JET participant from 2012 to 2014, in Osaka Prefecture, teaching at two junior high school. Since my return home to Kansas City, Missouri, I have been very involved in Heartland JETAA, helping our film festival grow with the Kansas City Art Institute and Alamo Drafthouse to where we’ve expanded and sell out out! This has led to us donating several thousand dollars over the years to the Taylor Anderson Memorial Foundation.
I also recently became involved with one of our city’s sister city programs with other JET Alumni. These same alumni also server on the Japan America Society Board. I believe by connecting groups together and streamlining information sharing, we can all lift each other up.
If I am fortunate enough to earn your support to serve as your Country Representative (CR), I will strive to help all chapters grow their events and help think of innovative ways to be sustainable and grow. With my career in Information Technology, I work on various ways to improve processes and systems.
This is why I want to focus on the “systems” or process that chapters use.
- How is your information organized about the chapter?
- Is knowledge transfer for roles easy or a challenge?
- How is CLAIR and MOFA paperwork handled?
- How are we measuring membership growth?
- How are we providing value to our membership or finding what that value is?
I believe that there is so much more we can do together.. I look forward to the prospect of working with everyone. よろしくお願いいたします.
To view Dustin Henrich’s CR Endorsements, see below: